Sunday 14 July 2019

DK Marie

INTRODUCING


DK MARIE










I love that a story you wrote for your son
awakened your muse! What was the story
about?
We were living in Germany at the time and there
was this place called Siebengeniege (7 hills, 
it is where the Grim brothers came up or found
the snow White and the seven dwarfs story). 
Two kids, a boy and a girl were out exploring in 
the woods of that area and tumbled into a secret 
portal or just deep in the woods, I don’t remember,
and they came upon a community of animals that 
have the characteristics of humans, and they were 
all at war with each other. The three main ones where
the Cat, Dogs, and Mice (all were written with German
spelling) if I remember correctly they (the kids) 
were friends with the dogs, and eventually the kids 
helped all three communities become friends and live
in harmony, but first lots of fighting and mayhem. Lol.
That sounds amazing!!! Not your genre, though!
No, it was fun creating, but I didn't get
the same enjoyment from it as I do 
with romance.
You're a fan of romance, as well as a writer of it:
who are some of your favorite romance authors?
Christina Lauren, Colleen Hoover, and
Susan Elizabeth Phillips.
What makes them your top 3?
SEP was the one who made me fall in love with 
romance stories, before her, I read thrillers, 
mysteries, American literature. Then I stumbled 
across her at the library. She made me laugh so 
much and fall in love with all her characters. 
After I devoured all her books, I needed more 
and began reading those, if you love this book, 
you'll love lists, finding more contemporary 
romance authors.

Christina Lauren writes the funniest books and
offers up lots of steam, which is a perfect 
combination, in my opinion. They've written a 
few stories outside of contemporary romance, and 
those are spectacular as well, those two know how 
to create fantastic characters.

Colleen Hoover writes books that make me feel 
everything. She has a way of writing emotions that 
isn't over the top but pulls me in and places me in 
the shoes of her characters like no other author.
I feel your passion in these words!

OK, last one:
What do you like to paint?
Scenery and  abstract.
Thank you for taking the time to do this!
I loved getting to know you!
Thank you for interviewing me. It was fun.


STANDARD TWEEP TATTLER QUESTIONS:

1) Where do you live?
Michigan

2) What is the first thing you remember writing?

The first piece of fiction I recall writing was a kid's fantasy story for my son as a birthday present. This was about eight years ago. While I enjoyed creating something special for him, I wasn't excited about the writing, didn't get lost in the story. It wasn't until I wrote what I loved to read (romance) that I had the spark, that addiction to writing.  

3) Why do you write?

For the spark, that rush of creating. I love seeing the characters in my mind come alive on the page.

4) Have you published any of your work?
Yes.  Fairy Tale Lies was released on June 3rd. The next book in the Opposite Attract series (there are 4 but are stand-alones), is due out in the fall.

5) What are you currently writing?
I’m doing different levels of editing for books two and three. For book four, I am starting to develop more of the characters (both main characters are in other books but are secondary).

6) Are you currently querying?
No, all my focus is on writing and marketing the Opposites Attract Series.

7) Finish this sentence (three lines or less):
IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT…
As danger and delight raced through her veins, keeping pace with the wind and rain, as she took in his volatile and sinful smile.

8) Which activities do you like to participate in, in the Twitter writing community
(VSS365, etc.)?
I adore VSS365. There is also a new one, VSSPoem that I really like. I also try out romance writing prompts such as LilLuvStory, SeduceMeSunday, CarnalVerse Romancewritinglines (I’m not sure If I have the prompt name right for that last one.)

9) Do you have any formal training/education for writing?
I do have a bachelors, and I minored in English writing

10) Do the people in your life know that you write?
Yes. Even before I was a published author, most of my family and friends knew. I was determined to share my books with the world, so I figured the more who knew, the more I'd hold myself accountable and not give up.

Although at times, it was (and still is) frustrating because they didn't understand the process and how long everything takes, from editing to publishing.

11) Tell me about the people in your life. Family? Pets?
I have a wonderful and supportive family.

We tend to travel a lot, so we've never had many pets. We have a cat and two birds.
(My family prefers to stay out of social media so excuse the scarceness of my answer)

12) Where do you wish your writing to take you?

I’d like my writing to sustain me enough to become my career. Allowing me to focus on it 100%.

13) What did you expect when you joined the Twitter writing community? Did it turn out
as expected?

I stumbled upon the Twitter writing community. Publishers and agents all said writers need to have a social media platform, so I signed up onto Twitter. For a while, it sat lonely and empty as I figured out what to do with it. One day while scrolling, I saw a prompt story,  I clicked on the hashtag and started reading more. I love them and decided to try my own. I commented on peoples work, and others did on mine. We started chatting and meeting more people in the writing community. I think the person that first reached out to me was @Craytusjones. Not only is the man super talented but is a gift to the writing community.

14) Where do you write?
Depends on the week and what I have planned, though most of the time I write at my kitchen or dining room table. I like to be where there are windows.

15) How much time do you dedicate to writing, weekly?
Lately, quite a bit of my time is dedicated to writing. Probably thirty hours or more, depending on what is due.

16) Do you have other talents?
I am decent at drawing and painting, but I am slow.

17) CHOOSE
ONE:
A.            
I do not mind when other writers ask for advice.
B.            
I’d rather keep to myself!

A




DK Marie and her friend, celebrating the release of "Fairy Tale Lies"

DK Marie’s a voracious reader. Her number one love is romance and devours any and all of its genres, but also enjoys thrillers, horror, and non-fiction. Basically, if there are words on a page and a spectacular story, she’s diving in, heart and soul.

However, there’s one thing she loves even more, and that’s writing her own steamy contemporary romances. They’re a mixture of heart, heat, and humor. Brimming with confident heroines and kind heroes, all living, loving, and lusting in and around her hometown of Detroit, Michigan.

When not falling in love with her characters, DK Marie is laughing, relaxing, and planning her next adventure with her family. Okay, and also drinking boatloads of coffee, chatting on social media, and dreaming about her next travel destination.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris Sloan

 INTRODUCING CHRIS SLOAN Hello Chris! We’re dealing with a time difference so no hurry to respond. First question: Your first book sounds so...