Thursday 12 August 2021

Chris Sloan

 INTRODUCING

CHRIS SLOAN















Red heart
1


STANDARD TWEEP TATTLER QUESTIONS:

1) Where do you live?


Shropshire, England. If you’ve seen the Lord of the Rings, it’s basically Hobbit country. Lots of small villages and towns with weekly markets selling farm produce. There are hills everywhere, woodlands and endless green fields as far as the eye can see. One word: beautiful.


2) What is the first thing you remember writing?


When I was about 12 years old, I wrote a short story called ‘The Shallow Grave’. It was, on reflection, inspired by ‘A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens (we were studying the story in school). I have tried to find a copy of the story but its long lost, probably for the best. Believe it or not, I have tried to rewrite it over the years, but I can never get it right… 


3) Why do you write?


I write because I find it enjoyable. It allows me to explore ideas and to live out my greatest fantasies. I never know where my writing will take me, as I never plan, and find it a joy to experience stories which I want to read. 


4) Have you published any of your work?


I have self-published my debut novel, ‘The Company’; it’s on Amazon right now and also, I’ve sold paperbacks whilst on a book tour. I’m planning to release my second novel next year, which is already finished and ready for publication.  


5) What are you currently writing?


I am writing my third novel. I can’t really tell you what it’s about yet because I’ve only finished two chapters. I never work on more than one project at a time.  


6) Are you currently querying?


No. I’m currently not interested in approaching publishers.


7) Finish this sentence (three lines or less):

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT… in the city of Zusammen. The king lay shivering in his majestic bed, cursing the inventor who’d released colour into the world. His dominion had changed forever, and he was afraid of the coming dawn…


8) Which activities do you like to participate in, in the Twitter writing community (VSS365, etc.)?


None at the moment. Saying that I am doing NaNoWriMo, but in August instead of November. 


9) Do you have any formal training/education for writing?


I have an English degree but have no formal training. 


10) Do the people in your life know that you write?


Yes they do and they often read my work.


11) Tell me about the people in your life. Family? Pets?


I am currently single, have a sister who is also a writer (she is a professional content writer, and she is very inspiring) and I have parents who are very supportive. I have two goldfish (Argyle and Lister), but no pets. 


12) Where do you wish your writing to take you?


It would be nice to make a living from writing, but if not, I would like to build a fanbase who I can regularly interact with and write for. It is important to me that my writing critiques the world and makes a statement which others may agree or disagree with. 


13) What did you expect when you joined the Twitter writing community? Did it turn out as expected?


I didn’t really know what to expect. I have been overwhelmed by the positive attitude and great support from the writing community. They inspire me and make me feel part of a much larger artistic society.  


14) Where do you write?


On my bed. I really should get a desk but haven’t gotten around to it yet. 


15) How much time do you dedicate to writing, weekly?


It depends if I’m working on a new project or editing. I can write up to 2 hours a day, seven days a week, or not write for months. To be honest as a teacher, I am writing every day professionally, but I don’t really think this counts!


16) Do you have other talents?


I can speak German if that’s a talent. I also have spent a number of years making short films and have technical expertise with film equipment. I have also painted over one hundred expressionist paintings, but again, I’m not sure this is a talent. 


17) CHOOSE ONE:


  1. I do not mind when other writers ask for advice.

  2. I’d rather keep to myself!

  • I do not mind when other writers ask for advice.








ABOUT CHRIS SLOAN

    Chris lives in the UK. He has a history and English degree from the University of Keele. 

    At just thirty-one years old, Chris feels that he's already lived numerous lives. 

    Once he earned his degree, he founded his own film company and made short narrative films. One was shown at Manchester International Film Festival. It was called 'A Beautiful Beast' and dealt with the issues surrounding body dis-morphia. 

    After struggling to make much of a name for himself, he retrained as a banker and worked in finance for five years. Then he had what could be called a quarter-life crisis and decided he should use his degrees. Therefore he retrained again, this time as a history teacher.

    Chris has since written two novels (the first is available on Amazon). His debut novel is about a single company that owns the world and the second is about vampires in the 21st century. He is working on his third now, hoping to write the whole first draft during August. 

    His hobbies include watching opera, going to see British wrestling, reading and hiking around the local beautiful countryside, especially the Shropshire Hills. He has two goldfish, Argyle and Lister.

 

Here is Chris Sloan's Amazon Page:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09BMB6R4N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_V8G1JQVGRAXV8HPGX49H

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris Sloan

 INTRODUCING CHRIS SLOAN Hello Chris! We’re dealing with a time difference so no hurry to respond. First question: Your first book sounds so...