Friday 11 October 2019

Clinton A. Love

INTRODUCING
CLINTON A. LOVE
AKA 
CLINT LOVE













STANDARD TWEEP TATTLER INTERVIEW:

1) Where do you live? 

Dallas, Texas

2) What is the first thing you remember writing? 

First thing I ever wrote story-wise is when I was in second grade. I wrote short stories about anthropomorphic peanut people. Their enemies were tomatoes if I recall.

3) Why do you write? 

I've always been a story teller and a teacher of sorts, so it just seems normal to give the stories some sort of outlet. 

4) Have you published any of your work? I have 2 fiction novels and a novella, as well as 3 non-fiction books. There are 2 that I wrote that are out of print now. I've published 4 albums as a musician, bands called Killers by Trade and Finsternis. I also did some songwriting and producing for a Swedish 1 man metal army, called the Porridgeface

5) What are you currently writing? I have 2 WIPs right now. One is an Urban Fantasy called "Summon the Hunters". It's the last book in the series related to my other 2 fiction novels. The other WIP is called "Liv and Leo". It's about a couple who play in a metal band who also work as soldiers of fortune and help people in trouble. It's Urban Fantasy, too, but it pushes the limits of Paranormal Romance. 

6) Are you currently querying? 

No. I self-publish on Amazon. It wasn't until my second novel that I really started building the kind of network I need to do that. I never let not knowing what I'm doing stop me from doing whatever it is I want done. 

7) Finish this sentence (three lines or less):
IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT… The television blared, but I sat still upon the couch, placing my wine glass upon the side table, and knowing that when the monster was upon me, my hands needed to be free. Sure, enough, as it slid up my spine and took roost in my head, my eyes began to dim. As I faded, I thought to myself, The rain, it brings the Z-Monster every time.

8) Which activities do you like to participate in, in the Twitter writing community (VSS365, etc.)? I participate in panels sometimes and I will write guest blogs for other writers. I did one for Isadora Felix about writing gunfights recently.

9) Do you have any formal training/education for writing? 

I have 2 semesters of Freshman comp in college and a creative writing class I took as an elective. I really gained more knowledge from Stephen King's On Writing and Strunk and White's The Elements of Style than what I gained in college classes. The most useful thing to do is just write and listen to what betas, proofers and editors have to say about your work. First time I did that, I had to look up phrases to see what they were talking about, but it made me understand the concepts and rewriting to avoid those problems helped me understand it from a Do This/Don't Do This standpoint. 

10) Do the people in your life know that you write? Yeah, but one thing we have to learn as writers is that the people close to us are not usually going to be our biggest fan, or really be into what we are doing. This even more so if the special people in your life aren't creatives. The important thing is that they respect it and give you the space you need to do what you to do. If they can't get that, you need to go on and find another relationship, because you are going to be miserable. 

11) Tell me about the people in your life. Family? Pets? 

I live with my wife and three old, ornery little dogs.

12) Where do you wish your writing to take you? 

I work a regular job and have done really physical work for a long time. I'm strong, but as I approach 50, I have to realize that I can't do that forever. I need to move from doing what I have to do to doing what I love to do, which is create. 

13) What did you expect when you joined the Twitter writing community? Did it turn out as expected? 

Social media as a whole is a shit show. Reddit and Facebook for writers, has the reputation of being wholly toxic and even hateful. the Writing Community on Twitter makes an effort to guard against that. As creators, we have so many forces naturally working against us that we don't need any extra negativity in our lives.

14) Where do you write? 

We have an office with an actual desk in our house, so I set up every morning that I'm off work.

15) How much time do you dedicate to writing, weekly?  

I get about 3 hours a day on my off days. Occasionally I can sneak in more, but since those are my only days, they tend to be pretty productive.

16) Do you have other talents? 

I'm a pretty good bass player for a metal dude. 

17) CHOOSE ONE:
  1. I do not mind when other writers ask for advice.
  2. I’d rather keep to myself!
A. Definitely A. I'm no expert by any means, but If I know stuff, I don't mind sharing.

ABOUT CLINT
Clinton A. Love, is a writer, musician and mortician from Dallas, Texas.  He published his first book Hard Core Tarot in 2009, followed by Brew or Die the same year. He has since published five more books, most recently, the Urban Fantasy novel Hunters of Gehenna. The third novel in that series Summoning the Hunters is scheduled for release in October of 2019. Musically, he is known for the avant garde Black/Doom Metal Band Finsternis and as the one man Gothic Metal musical project, Killers by Trade.  He has the unique distinction, in addition to being an author, musician and vlogger, of being an undertaker. He holds a license in Texas as a Funeral Director and Embalmer. 



CLINT'S AUTHOR SITE:  http://www.therealclintlove.com 

CLINT'S AMAZON AUTHOR PAGE:  https://www.amazon.com/Clinton-Love/e/B00IXVUZK8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chris Sloan

 INTRODUCING CHRIS SLOAN Hello Chris! We’re dealing with a time difference so no hurry to respond. First question: Your first book sounds so...